1. What type of building foundation is required?
All that is required is a reasonably flat (as opposed to level) area to place the building. We will level the building to the existing terrain. We do not need any additional foundation work such as gravel or concrete. We can certainly place the buildings on these foundations; however, they are not required for a sound and durable installation. Additionally you may provide 4x16x16 concrete pads or 2-Concrete Blocks per spot to place under the skids if you prefer your buidling to be higher than what the 4x6 skids provide. We can tell you how many pads/blocks would be needed by the size of the shed/building you want. All Pads must be provided at time of delivery so that our Delivery/Setup man can place the blocks/pads. If the building is under 10x16 there is no extra charge for placing the pads or block inplace. Any Larger building than 10x16 there may be a charge which is calculated at time of setup. An Additional charge will be incured if our Delivery/Setup man has to return to add these to your building after the initial delivery and setup has been completed.
2. Why is the lead time two to three weeks?
The three week lead time allows us to construct the building, apply caulking and paint with adequate drying time, apply roofing shingles and work around any weather concerns that may affect the safe delivery of the finished product.
3. How can I reach someone at WeatherKing?
You may Contact this Dealer at 352-796-4666 or through the Contact Us Page. You can reach WeatherKings main office between 8 AM and 4:30 PM CST Monday through Friday at 1-866-977-6440. Our fax number is 270-623-6054.
4. What is included in the installation?
The installation includes placing and leveling the building on site. The buildings are leveled to the terrain with treated wood blocks (ground contact rated). If you prefer, you can supply 4" x 8" x 16" solid concrete blocks (2 blocks for every 4 perimeter feet) to use in place of the treated wood blocks. These must be on site at the time of the installation.
5. Can I choose siding or roofing colors besides the colors offered in your brochures?
We prefer that customers choose from our stock colors, however, if a sale depends on our ability to supply a custom paint scheme, you can choose the colors and provide the paint and shipping to our manufacturer facility. The color choice (name and chip #) needs to be noted on the special instructions section of the order. If you have specific requests relating to roofing shingles, please contact us. If you want us to purchase custom paint colors there is an additional fee of $125.00 per custom color
6. What is the delivery charge for a WeatherKing building?
Free delivery is included in the price of the building, within a 50 highway mile radius of the store. If the "highway" distance to your site is greater than 50 miles, there is a $3.00 per mile one way charge that is payable when the building is purchased.
7. What is the warranty on WeatherKing Portable Buildings?
Painted, treated wood: Lifetime material and labor from rot and decay. Treated flooring, runners and leveling blocks: Lifetime from rot and decay: 5 years craftsmanship warranty.
Shingled and Metal roof systems: 30 years material and Labor.
8. Can a building be moved once it has been installed?
Yes. $250.00 Service Charge and $3.00 per Mile.
9. Do the buildings need to be anchored?
The buildings need to be anchored in certain locales where severe weather accompanied by high winds is common. There are some select municipalities outside those areas that may also require anchors. You should consult your local codes for specific requirements in your area. Weatherking does not provide anchoring of any buildings it sells, it is up to the customer to have the building anchored. A Raised Seal Anchoring Plan is available for permiting purposes and cost $50 per plan. Copies of the Engineered Drawings and Anchoring Plans are given out free of charge. The Full Size Copies are usually accepted at all building code depts, some counties may still require the Raised Seal Plans.
10. Will WeatherKing remove any unwanted building from my property?
No. The installers are not equipped to remove or haul debris of any type.
11. Will WeatherKing obtain the necessary permits for a specific locale?
WeatherKing does not obtain building permits, conduct covenant searches or research: Deeds or Setbacks. WeatherKing does not research homeowner association restrictions. All local code or building inspection requirements are the sole responsibility of the homeowner including setbacks and homeowner association requirements.
12. How sturdy are the floors in WeatherKing buildings?
The floor systems are very sturdy. The garages are built with 12 inch (on center) floor supports. All other models are built with 16 inch (on center) floor supports. The floors will easily handle heavy power equipment, motorcycles, bulk storage, etc. The garages will support automobiles. All of our floor joists are secured on 4x6 Skids which are Ladder Notched for each floor joist.
13. How much side to side clearance does the installer need to move the building onto my property?
A good rule of thumb is the building width plus 1 foot on either side. In other words, if you choose a 10 foot wide building, we will require 12 feet of clearance in order to place the building on the property.
14. How much vertical clearance does the installer need to get the trailer and the building onto my property?
The trailers are approximately 30 inches in height. The buildings range in height from the short wall utility buildings (102 inches) to the lofted barn with 3 inches of optional, additional height (139 inches). Depending on the model the customer chooses, the installer would need a minimum clearance of between 11.5 feet to 15 feet.
15. Can a building be installed in an area where it is not possible for the truck and trailer combination to get close to the site?
Yes, with advance notice, the installer can unload the building from the trailer and maneuver it onto the site with some specialized equipment. The installer will discuss your specific needs when the delivery is scheduled.
16. What Should I do if the building settles?
The building will be properly leveled when it is installed; however it is possible the building will settle over time. WeatherKing assumes no responsibility for leveling the building after the initial installation. The corners of the building can easily be raised with a utility jack and the building shimmed back to level.
17. Will the installer remove and replace obstacles such as step railings, fence posts, basketball goals etc, to facilitate the placement of the building on a customer's property?
No. Any neccassary removal ad/or replacement of obstacles on the site is the sole responsibility of the homeowner.
18. Can metal roofs be ordered for WeatherKing buildings?
Yes, but an additional 5% cost will be incurred. Please check with your local dealer or call WeatherKing for a quote.
19. Do you build or supply ramps for your buildings?
We do not furnish ramps because it is not possible to produce or stock a universal ramp that will meet all situations. Some buildings will be blocked 3 or 4 feet above the ground, while others will be only inches. Changes in slope from one side to the other can be difficult to address also. We feel that is best for you, the customer, to make your own determination after the building is set up. Also there is a Bottom Lip on all of our wooden doors that if removed will not keep rodents and other animals out of the sheds, these lips also help in waterproofing the shed from wind pushed rain. If this lip is removed by the home owner proper care must be given to seal the bottom of the door(s). We suggest: Customers purchase Temporary Ramps at most Hardware and Big Box Stores. These ramps are typically made from either Aluminum or Steel. Normally used for loading or unloading Riding Mowers, Bikes, ATV's, etc. then placed in the corner of the building for storage.
20. Why is my 12' wide building only about 11'6" wall to wall?
We are limited by hauling regulations as to how wide a building we can deliver. The current regulation is 12'. For this reason, 12- wide buildings are measured from eave to eave. Our 8' and 10' wide buildings are measured from wall to wall. In some areas, 12’ wide buildings can be built to be 12’ wide on the floor measurements. Please contact your local dealer or WeatherKing to assist in the further answering of this question.
21. What kinds of maintenance will be required on my building?
No maintenance is required. We do recommend that you apply a stain/waterseal to your treated building at least once a year so every 6-mo after receiving it. Painted Building wear depending on the area. Estimate for repainting 5 to 8 years depending on location.
22. Do I need to have permits or other paperwork?
You are responsible for contacting your local city and county agencies in regard to zoning, permits, setbacks, and covenants. Also, it is recommended that you contact your Home Owners Associiation (if applicable) to determine what neighborhood rules and regulations may be apply.
23. I was told by your competitor that your grooves are deeper which leads to Board/Panel Seperation is this True? NO THIS IS NOT THE WHOLE TRUTH. All T111 Boards if Defective will seperate including our competitors product. The Groove Depth does not matter because the Veneer thickness is the same whether it is our panels or our competitors panels. The Front Veneer is glued onto the other layers of wood, since it is a plywood material. If the process is done correctly then there will be no Seperation. We inspect all of our Boards upon arrival at our factory. If they look off for any reason we send them back to the supplier. Also keep in mind that you have a 5 year craftmanship warranty on all materials used in the construction of our buildings including the panels and normally board seperation occurs within a few months on newly contructed building, so it is normally caught and taken care of on the dealers lot. Please View the E-ALERT page for more detailed info regarding this question.